Applications for the MAM 2020 Travel Awards are now open. Please ensure your submission is completed by 23:59 AEST 4 October 2019.
MAM2020 Travel Award Application Guidelines
General and Specific Guidelines:
- The funds are to be used for expenses incurred in travelling to and attending Molecular Approaches to Malaria MAM2020, Lorne Australia, February 23-27, 2020.
- Applicants MUST apply via the MAM2020 Travel Awards online application form and adhere to word counts and page limits and submit prior to the closing date and time.
- Funds will be paid via the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute Finance office on presentation of an invoice with receipts for confirmed travel/accommodation.
- Applications will be judged by the MAM2020 Organising Committee and funders where appropriate.
- All awardees abstracts will be accepted for MAM2020 and will be informed whether it be poster or oral presentation as part of the MAM2020 abstract review.
- Travel Award winners will be informed of the outcome in Early November.
- Winners must prepare a report for the funders and submit to the MAM2020 Chairs on completion of travel.
- Closing date: Applications to be submitted via the application form by 23:59 AEST 4 October 2019.
- No Late Applications will be accepted.
Requested information includes:
- A current CV and bibliography (when listing previous presentations at conferences in your CV please indicate if you were the presenting author). There is no page limit, just attach your current CV – you may wish to refer to the judging criteria to ensure all aspects are addressed in your current CV.
- A copy of your abstract describing the work to be presented (according to these MAM2020 guidelines).
- A lay description of your study; in plain language provide a summary of your abstract, which also conveys the importance and broader implications of the findings.
- Outline the significance of your work and the benefit of the proposed travel to you (limit to one page single spaced).
- No more than 10 years full time equivalent (FTE) years from enrolment of PhD